Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wool cover can be stinky too!

Anyone encounter this before? Well, I did!

Maybe I didn't wash so frequently (imagine after 1 month of use... hehe...)...
Maybe the fitted diaper itself is not absorbent enough...
Maybe it's time for new lanolizing...
Maybe it was not wash throughly after previous use...
Maybe the cover already been use for a long time with so many wash and lanolizing in between... (Still you got to wash and rinse more often when it's very stinky)

I was first thought most probably it's the fitted diaper itself that stink but I discovered even with baby's first pee, the horrible smell already spread in the room. A few times like this made me concluded that the cover itself stink too!

SOLUTION:
Wash and rinse several times (drying in between) before lanolise. This is to make sure you wash away the old lanolin which already covered layers by layers for so long... in my case I use wool almost everynight. Be it longies, soaker, shorties... wash, rinse and go under the sun once a while.

NOTE:
It's not recommended to put the woolies under the sun as this will break the fiber. But occassionally (in this case for example) is fine.

Please share with me if you have new explore on this matter!

No comments:

Blog Interviewer

http://bloginterviewer.com/environment/a-note-to-cloth-diapering-journey-sharine-cheah
All pictures in this blog is copyrighted.
Do not use without my permission.