Friday, December 18, 2009

Review: Fitted (?) Diaper - Imse Vimse One-size Contour Terry


Material

The exact name for this diaper should be a contour diaper. I think it's already discontinue and the most similar to it will be Imse Vimse One Size Terry Contour Diaper with 100% organic cotton. The one I have is made of cotton terry, so the fabric feels like the bath towel! *grin*

Lasting

Basically it's a day time nappy, slightly more absorbent that napkin. If I need to compare it with a fitted diaper which I used on my babies, I would say the absorbency will be equal to SnuggleHugz sherpa fitted.



Wash

No smell retain even you rinse a few time with water only. Somtimes, I feel like washing a towel instead... haha! Truely cloth!!!



Folded down to be used on younger baby

Fit?

It doesn't come with any snap or velcro. Some says this is a nippa style... well, not quite sure this is the correct word for this type of nappy. Correct me if I'm wrong. Elastic is not that good I would say as I have loose leg casing after a few months use with my DD. Luckily the design is one size and the thigh area still snug if you use a snappi to secure the diaper on baby. Fit my DD till 26 months old and I started to use on my DS when he's just 4 months old.

As for smaller baby, you just need to fold down the front to desire length and snappi at the front. Just as shown in the picture below.


Rear view off the nappy when my DS was 10 months old
PRO:
1) One size
2) Soft and fluffy
3) Quick drying, good alternative to napkin (a.k.a lampin)
CON:
1) No sewn in fleece liner
2) Require a diaper cover or snappi
3) No snaps or velcro attached to the nappy itself
Get it from: Online store from UK
Rating: 3 out of 5
Note: This review is based solely on my personal usage.

No comments:

Blog Interviewer

http://bloginterviewer.com/environment/a-note-to-cloth-diapering-journey-sharine-cheah
All pictures in this blog is copyrighted.
Do not use without my permission.