Thursday, February 28, 2008

Good Reference for Cloth Diaper Newbies!

Found this piece of advice/questionnaire when clearing my Inbox. I think it might help new moms who's still learning about CD... it was me who was also once clueless about CD seeking advice from one expert cloth mama. I can't believe I had asked so many questions!
Hope this help you too...

Note:
- soaker - refers to soaker used with Freshbots (Malaysian owned CD, made & design in Malaysia)

Brands for pocket diapers

- GAD - Green Acre Design
- BG - Bum Genius
- DB - Drybees
- MT - Mommy's Touch

1) What's the different between soaker vs prefold? Soaker only can be used in freshbots?
Soaker can be use in freshbots and you can stuff pocket diaper with that.
Soaker made from 2 layers of cotton.
Prefold is made from unbleached cotton twill and got more layers.

2) What is your personal experience with Gad insert, Wahmies, soaker & prefold?
GAD : is good. it can be adjust for small/medium OR Large,
Wahmies : it is very adjustable. using snaps, can fit small, medium , large or xtra large.
Soaker: dry longer because of cotton, must fold 3 times. will get stain easily
Prefold: good absorbency, I like to use with bummis cover.

3) Which one will last for longer time?
GAD or Wahmies, I'm using them for night time also (microfiber)

4) Which one is less hot, more breathable? coz my dd will get extremely cranky if she is hot.
All are made from microfiber. Except soaker and prefold.
You might want to try HEMP insert

5) Can the 4 inserts that I mentioned at no.4 interchange with each other on bumgenius, freshbots and GAD diaper? Or only soaker and prefold is meant for freshbots?
Wahmies, GAD, Soaker, Prefold all can be use for pocket diapers(BG,DB,MT)
but soaker/prefold can only be use with freshbots

I think I want to let you know my idea on which insert suit for which diaper like below. Do confirm with me on them:

a) bumgenius - (insert)GAD insert, prefolds, wahmies.

BUMGENIUS COMES WITH COTTON BABIES ONESIZE INSERT, THIS INSERT CAN BE USED WITH ALL POCKET DIAPER , EXCEPT FRESHBOTS

b) freshbots - (insert)soaker, prefolds, wahmies (?)NOT WAHMIES

c) GAD diaper- (insert) GAD insert, wahmies, prefolds (?)

GAD ONLY OR MAYBE PREFOLD. WITH WAHMIES WILL BE ABIT TIGHT. SOAKER CAN BE USED TOO

d) MT - (insert) GAD insert, wahmies, prefolds, SOAKER ALSO

No comments:

Blog Interviewer

http://bloginterviewer.com/environment/a-note-to-cloth-diapering-journey-sharine-cheah
All pictures in this blog is copyrighted.
Do not use without my permission.